While much has changed in home care since Visiting Nurse Service began in 1919, including our name which is UR Medicine Home Care, one thing remains the same – the high standards and exceptional level of care our staff provide.
Whether you are aging and need assistance staying independent, or are younger and recovering from an illness or surgery, we offer all types of home care to allow you to stay in the comfort of your own home.
How Do I Arrange Home Care Services?
- If you are scheduling elective surgery, ask you doctor before you are admitted to request home care for you from UR Medicine Home Care.
- If you are admitted to the hospital unexpectedly, ask one of the UR Medicine Home Care Intake Specialists to review your needs before being discharged. All of our specialists are registered nurses experienced in planning for home care needs.
- Call us directly at 1-800-253-4439.
What Happens Next?
A UR Medicine Home Care case manager – a nurse, physical therapist or speech therapist – will be assigned to coordinate your care at home.
Working closely with your physician, your case manager will oversee a complete and individualized home care plan for you.
What Kind Of Care Will I Get?
Quality care and professional service is our highest priority.
- The nurses also provide excellent care for a variety of other illness, injuries, or disorders such as wounds, ostomies, pressure ulcers, incontinence, and many other ailments.
To qualify for admission, a patient needs:
- Home bound status (only required by Medicare, other insurances may not require patients to be home bound).
What Other Programs Are Provided By UR Medicine Home Care?
- Diabetes Management and Education
- PRI Screening for Nursing Home Placement
- Home Care Coordination and Planning
- Infusion Therapy/Services
- Wound/Ostomy Care
- Medical and Surgical Nursing
- Palliative Care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
- Medical Social Work
- Pain Management
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Medical Nutrition Counseling
- Community Health Nursing
- Home Health Aide Services
- Health Home Care Management
Can I Get Additional Care Through Private Pay?
We offer two private pay programs, based on where you live. These services will help you make critical decisions and find solutions to aging challenges through:
- Individual healthcare assessments
- Housing and service arrangements
- Decisions surrounding memory changes
- Safety and financial advocacy
- Navigation through the healthcare maze
Our private pay option can provide additional visits, care or services for those who want more than Medicare or Medicaid will cover, and who are able to pay for home care with their own funds or through long-term care insurance.