Like our skilled nursing services, UR Medicine Home Care provides a variety of licensed rehabilitation services to patients right in their homes. Our highly-experienced therapists provide care following a multi-disciplinary team approach. Our goal is to help patients become independent again while ensuring their safety.
Patients who may benefit from the program include those who have had:
- Total hip or total knee replacements
- Orthopedic surgery
- Cerebral vascular accidents
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neurological disorders
- Debility from lengthy illness or hospitalization
- Acute or chronic back and joint pain
- Multiple falls
What Type of Therapies Do You Offer?
- Speech Therapists provide services to increase patients’ ability to achieve functional and speech independence, to improve oral motor functioning, and ensure families’ and caregivers’ understanding, interaction, and participation. Our therapists also evaluate and treat individuals with swallowing difficulties.
- Medical Social Workers provide support identifying community resources, planning and coordination of additional services. They can assist with applications and financial aid, counsel life-style changes and provide crisis interventions.
- Registered Dietitians asses a patient’s dietary needs, educates about nutrition issues and promotes better nutrition through education, demonstration and supplemental resources.
What Can You Offer Me?
The Rehabilitation Program offers:
- Home safety assessment
- Case management of complex orthopedic and neurological patients
- Modalities for pain control
- Progressive activity and exercise programs
- An individualized home care plan
- Ongoing communication with other health care providers
Do You Offer Any Other Rehabilitation Care?
Neurological rehab brings together more than 50 skilled physical, occupational, and speech-language pathologists. Each has outstanding home care experience and an average of 10 years in this field. Many have advanced education and certifications in practice specialties.
We have extensive experience and specialization with patients with neurological diagnoses, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
Joint Replacement Rehabilitation
Your home can be the best place to recover from knee or hip replacement surgery. UR Medicine Home Care specializes in exceptional home rehab for successful joint replacement recovery. We work closely with your orthopedic surgeon and hospital to provide education as part of pre-surgery classes, expert discharge planning from our home care coordinators, as well as a continuum of the quality rehab that began at the hospital.
Focus on Falls
Our Focus on Falls program seeks to reduce your risk for a fall. Upon referral from your doctor, we will administer a Fall Risk Assessment and incorporate evidence-based best practices into your individualized care plan. Focus on Falls program goals include:
- Reducing the risk of falls and injuries
- Improving your quality of life by enabling you to stay at home
- Quickly regaining safe mobility
Will Insurance Cover This?
Many of our rehabilitation services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, HMO’s and private insurance companies.